Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sorry about not posting over the past two days.
I came down with a ragin' case of the crud.
Thanks to my wife for taking care of me and getting me back on my feet.
Good to be back among the living.

Some verses that encouraged me today.
Psalm 27:13 - I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
I try not to focus on how far down the tubes our nation has gone.
Lack of morals.........
Greed..............
Lust.............
Lying...........
Every form of wickedness seems to be sprouting and showing its ugly face.
If I read Scripture right, then this type behavior has been foretold. What we are seeing is merely the birth pains of the end of the age.
I like what John Wimber use to say when asked if he thought we were living in the last days. John would reply, "I don't know. What I do know is that we are "laster" than we've ever been."
Reliance of God is needed now more than ever. For each individual as well as our nation.

That is why it is important for me to always start with myself by letting God show me my heart.
Today, Lord! Show me any thing that would seek to usurp your power in my life. Show me attitudes and thoughts that are contrary to your plan and will for my life. I don't want any emotional weeds or thorns growing up in my spirit today.

Isaiah 31:1 speaks of the foolishness of a nation that doesn't trust God. I guess we could bring that thought down and apply to each of our personal lives.
"Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, and rely on horses. Who trust in chariots because they are many, and in horsemen because they are very strong. But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek the Lord!
Who are you trusting today?
God...
or man kinds ability to solve their own problems? I can't even rely on my own personal strength to solve my problems or have answers that seem right but end in death.
Maybe we need to really believe what our currency says.............."In God We Trust."

"On Christ the solid rock I stand..........All other ground is sinking sand...........all other ground is sinking sand."

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...