Thursday, February 2, 2012

You'll Look Good

I have posted a new message given on January 7 by Debbie Handy. Debbie is one of our worship leaders and has an incredible heart for God. Debbie has overcome many trials and tribulations and through it all her love for God has not wavered or failed her. She shares about gratitude and how it is tantamount to facing this upcoming year of 2012.

I will be posting the messages from:

Jan. 14 -  Sam Colegrove
and
Jan 28 - Michael Bynum
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exodus 40 speaks of Moses preparing Aaron and his sons to take their place as priests over the tabernacle.
Verse 12-15 reads: "Finally, bring Aaron and his sons to the entrance of the Tent of Meeting and wash them with water. Dress Aaron in the sacred vestments. Anoint them. Anoint them, just as you anointed their father, to serve me as priests. Their anointing will bring them into a perpetual priesthood, down through the generations."

After being cleansed, Aaron and his sons, now priests, put on the garments that would identify them to all the people. When the people looked and saw the vestments and robes and turbans, they knew, without a doubt, that they were in the presence of God's called ministers.

I don't have priestly garments, nor do you.
But we have been cleansed and anointed and covered with the Holy Spirit of God. As such, our lives should reflect this calling that we have been brought into.

I Peter 2:9-10 reads: But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you----from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

Sometimes it is hard for me to wrap my head around the thought of being called into a chosen people.
More than being called, to be given a rightful place from which to occupy for the Kingdom of God.
Me? The mess up of mess ups. God picked me! How can I not love Him? How can I not want to do what is on his heart?
Think on these things...
God has called you.....

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...