Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Man In The Mirror

One of the hardest truths to come to terms with is when we are forced to look at our own hearts.
When the events or circumstances of our life have spiraled out of control and we sit among the destruction it has brought about.
Our first inclination is to think of ourselves as a victim. To blame someone else for the wrongs we have committed.
Truth is very sobering, especially to a person who doesn't really want to see themselves as God sees them.
In Jeremiah 17:9  we read:
The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
These words are coming from God, our creator. He knows the full extent of sin and where it comes from. It was for this reason that Jesus died to break the power of sin and bring healing to all mankind.

He goes on to say in verse 10: But I know! I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.
God is saying....
"You know what? You think it's about what you've done.........when in reality, it's about who you are?"
God is the answer to every problem I have.
I know that sounds like some cutesy religious jargon or platitude, but it isn't.
God is the answer to every problem I have.
It is truth.
Truth will break down every argument the human heart can come up with.

You see God doesn't operate the way the world does when it comes to truth.
The world, our flesh, and the devil simply want to uncover us and leave there bleeding to death from the truth.
God would heal us.
God would love us back to health if we would let him.
In Isaiah 41:10 we read: Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Did you catch the truth that God spoke? Look at the promises that he poured out in this short, simple verse.
1.) I am with you...
2.) I am your God
3.) I will strengthen you
4.) I will help you
5.)I will uphold you...
Five simple things that the Lord God, creator of everything we see, touch, taste, smell and hear, has declared to do for you, if you will simply give up and fall on him.

If you are reading this post this morning and these words seem to burn within your very being, that is God talking to you right now. Today.......right now is the time to change in your life. To surrender and allow God to save you and bring you into a new way of doing business in this old world.

I love what Isaiah 40:27-31 says.
O Israel, how can you say the LORD does  not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? Have you never hard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Let God be whatever it is you lack.
Let him fill the empty places of your life.
It's time to quit playing the religious game and start with living a relationship.
It's time to quit acting holy and spiritual and be holy and spiritual.
It's time to simply give up and let God into your life and heart.
Thanks for letting me share with you this morning.
I do so, because God stirred me to take a look at my own life and see all the places that still need work.
I am a work in progress.

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...