Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Hope Of Glory

I Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christan's who have died will rise from their graves. Then together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. So comfort and encourage each other with these words.

Jesus is coming back.....
This description given in II Thessalonians isn't his 2nd coming...
His 2nd coming will be when he returns to judge the world and he actually touches down here on planet earth.
Talk about your UFO's..
Jesus will be the ultimate UFO. I wonder how people's theology will change when he does come back.
I wonder if there will be a lot of repenting by folks who doubted the Scriptures.....who ridiculed those who did believe.
Jesus is coming back.

For me, these are words that encourage me and yet fill me with dread.
Dread for those who are walking around oblivious to the word of God.
What's worse, those walking around who have heard the truth and rejected it.
I will never understand the power of the human will (Even though I have one and it does get out of hand from time to time) or the perception of the human mind to truth.
II Corinthians 4:4 reads: Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so that they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good news that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
That is why I write the Greene Street Letters.
So that someone out there...no matter what country.....might be lead here by God and be awakened to the His truth. I pray over each posting that God would use if for his glory. I pray that the words that are placed here in this blog would be like spiritual healing and break off the blindness and hardness that Satan puts on unbelievers. I pray that they would be able to not only see but understand with their hearts that they do not have to live in bondage to sin anymore.

I know that my specific call from God is to serve those who the world labels as "Addicts".
I know that God has given me great grace to love and minister to people who are bound up and held as slaves to the needle, the rock, the bottle, the pill, the line and every other instrument of torture devised by the devil.
I also know that the truth of God breaks down these weapons and the power of God's Holy Spirit can set free not just the mind, the heart and the body........but the spirit. Free to find their real meaning and purpose in Jesus.

So why a posting today that combines prophetic words of Jesus' return and power of the devil to delude people? Because time is running out.
I don't know whether it's my time...
Or this world's time, but the clock is ticking.
You can poo-poo this thought and you can call me out of touch, but I tell you this morning that even though Jesus is long-suffering, at some point in the future, His Father is going to turn to him and tell him to go and gather his people. This, my friend, you can bet on. It is going to happen. Are you ready to meet him..
either in the gathering?
or
in his 2nd coming?

Revelation 22:12
See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay all according to their deeds.

Revelation 22;17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come. Let each one who hears them say,"Come"...let the thirsty ones come----anyone who wants to. Let them come and drink the water of life without charge."

Revelation 22:20
He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!"

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...