Thursday, April 12, 2012

One...Two....Three.....GO!

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning..........

Everything has a start. A beginning. A point of origin.
If you think of it like that, then each day is a new beginning.
Each 24 hour period is the starting over point. Darkness gives way to daylight and we arise from sleep to live our life.
During that 24 hour period, we have opportunity after opportunity to learn and grow as human beings.
I guess the question I have to ask myself is, "Who am I listening to for instruction if I'm wanting to grow?"
Who is it I am following?
Myself? I hope not. I suffer from a very common malady known as "Stinking Thinking."

But there in Genesis 1:1 we have the complete picture of the author of every new beginning.
"In the beginning.........GOD!".
How do you describe God?
I don't know that I can. I know that my understanding of who He is has changed over my lifetime.
At one point, I thought of him as an old man sitting on a huge stone chair, holding a hand full of lightning bolts.
He sat there with these squinty eyes, looking down at the earth, watching my every move, just waiting for me to mess up so he could hurl a bolt at me and fry me. Kind of sad ain't it? My understanding of God....my misconception of God was such that I felt I could never come to him, let alone live for him.

"In the beginning, God created."
God is an incredible God who revels in color and texture and sound. If you can't go outside, now that it's spring, and see the trees with every shade of green you could imagine, and not think to yourself, "Boy! This God is something else.' You might need to check your pulse.
Blue skies, white clouds, green trees,and flowers of every shade and hue of color the mind could imagine.
God is a creating God.
How can you not listen to the Hallelujah Chorus by Handel and not have your spirit come alive.
The very thought that God created the tune, the words and then gave it to man in order that it might be an instrument by which man could worship him.

"In the beginning, God created......"
How can you not see God's handiwork as you hold your first child.....or hold your first grandchild.
Looking down into that wonderful face, with the realization that this new life is closer to God than anything you've known. They are fresh from God's presence, sent by him, entrusted to you to raise and teach God's principals and who he is.

"In the beginning, God created......"
What about our conversion....our salvation.
God takes life and pours new life into it.
We are born again.
One life is replaced by a new and better way.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ........they are a new creature....a new creation. The old things have passed, the new has come."
The number or ways God creates is staggering.
The new beginnings that we are given during our lifetime, are more than we even know.
Why not let today be a new beginning for yourself.
Why not really and truly turn to this God I've written about and let him create a "Genesis" day for you in your life?
Why not pray and ask God to change you.

You know what?
I believe he'll take your request and say, "Let me give you a new start."

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...