Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Peace Out! Peace In! Peace Forever!


Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God Rule in your hearts, to the which also you are called in one body and be ye thankful.

The Greek word for "RULE" is brab-yoo-0, which means to govern.
To dictate to and to direct.
The ruling emotion or feeling or how ever you want to define it, in my life is to be the peace of God.

I first must realize that as a child of God, I have been made right and set in right standing with God. I am no longer at odds with God over my sin nature. Jesus' blood has been applied to my sin debt and I no longer am under that curse.

Being free from the sin curse, I now have the opportunity to grow in Christ. To learn how to follow Him. To seek His will over and beyond my own will. In other words, I am learning a new way to live. Catch word being "learning". Some days I am pretty good at this following Jesus stuff. Other days....well, let's just say that I have to back up and try it again. Bottom line is that I don't quit. I don't stop. I don't give my old life style another opportunity.

I am learning how to let God's peace rule in my heart.
Why is that important?
Because the world system, our society seeks to fill me with fear and uncertainty. It truly desires to pull me away from God's peace and throw me squarely into a life of emotional upheaval where up is down and down is sideways. God's peace brings stability to my life. Stability in my emotions where I can hear God above the roar of all that is going around me.

Peace is a valuable gift given to us by God that enables us to move through our daily lives and be the people God has called us to be. Peace that rules in the heart enables us to not be swept up by circumstance or situation that we are facing. Peace enables me to seek out God's will for what He would have me do, instead of living by my emotions and making decisions colored by those emotions. Oh yeah......keep in mind that the devil cannot counterfeit peace. Peace is a commodity owned and given by God to His children.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Jesus talking to his disciples, yet the message that we read moves beyond the men who were standing in front of Jesus. The message has covered thousands of years and the entire planet with the good news that He did not abandon us or leave us to be at the mercy of this world. No! He placed within us a very valuable proof of His love. He gave us His very own portion of peace. Jesus must be filled beyond measure to be able to afford to every believer the correct amount of peace that will enable that believer to follow Him all the days of their live. Kind of boggles my mind.

So.....
If you are a child of God....
If you have been saved.....
The next time you find yourself being overwhelmed by this world, and your emotions are being attacked......stop, sit down and remember the truth.
What is the truth?
That the PEACE of God has been given to you to rule in your heart.
Let Him have that place today and carry out the dictates of heaven.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...