Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fumbling Rumbles From Renegade Fingers And A Mind On Slow


Acts 1:9
It was not long after he said this that he was taken up into the sky while they were watching,
and he disappeared into a cloud.


Did you watch for Him today? Did you catch something on the wind that stirred you to the thought that maybe today was the day He would return?
Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day that I don't think much about His return. I don't want to live like that. I want to be vigilant and watchful for Him. On the other hand, I don't want to stop living and just go sit on a hill somewhere waiting. I don't think that is what we have been called to. I think we keep one eye here and one eye on the sky. Living like this is our last day here on earth. Don't let the Devil detour your hope and the grace given freely by God. Look up for His return...........listen closely for the sound.
Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've got visitation this weekend. Seems to roll around quiet often these days. It will be a day of family, laughter, good food and daddies being reunited with their children. There will be much energy expended as the children seek to get every ounce of daddy they can. There will be games of tag........catch.........feeding the ducks and slow walks around the pond as dad catches his breath. For a brief moment in time, everything is right. For a brief moment in time, life will seem normal. Hugs will be in huge supply as well as kisses. Big hands holding little hands, as conversation goes back and forth between the two. Talk of how the school year went....."what grade are you going into next year?" "How did you get so big".....and "I'm so proud of you."
Eventually the big question will be asked. "When are you coming home, Daddy?" If ever there was evidence of the love that a child has for their father, no matter what the father has done, I see it each vistation. You may think me old fashion, and thats o.k., but children thrive and grow when they have a loving mother and father in their lives.

Bridges will be built between the men and their families. Bridges destroyed over the years by the addiction. Tomorrow will not be the day that makes everything right, but it will begin the process of bringing the two parties together. Only the future and the desire to follow Jesus will determine the strength of the bridge they are building. I've seen some mighty strong bridges completed that have stood the test of time and the weather of hard times. it is a lot of work, but well worth the result.

i think that thing that haunts me the most are the ones who come to visitation and simply go through the motions. Every action and every word is bound in hopelessness. They have given up on the one who is in the program. Good reason for this, the one in the program has given up on themselves. They have bought into the biggest lie of all........."I am what I am, I cannot change, I am hopeless."  That is such a dangerous place to be. Simply marking time until you can get back out on the street.

Father God....
You alone possess the power to break through hopelessness. You alone possess the mercy and grace to bring freedom to those who have simply given up. I wholly lean on the fact that Your arm is no short that You can  save and Your ear so dull that you cannot hear. Hear me as I pray for those who have given up. I will not give up on them and I know it is not your will for them to perish. I ask that you break off this lie and hardness, and let your healing touch lay hold of them. Awaken them to salvation and let the cry of confession and repentance rise up in them.
Let today be a day of salvation!
Your Kingdom will be done....
Here on earth as it is being done in heaven.

In the name of Jesus...
amen

God on you....
mb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Saturday Night: June 9
Nori Kelley and WIND will be playing and speaking at our Saturday Night Service.
If you've never had the opportunity to hear them.....you are missing a treat.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...