Sunday, June 24, 2012

FYI...THE Good News !


I John 5:12
He who has the Son, has life. He who does not have the Son, does not have life.

Sometimes I come to the conclusion of what Jesus loved the little children so much. Such a time came the other day as my wife shared a story about our grand daughter, Ashley. Six years old and full of life, Ashley was visiting her other grand mother and during the course of the visit Ashley told her, "Nana...I heard the most wonderful news. Did you know that Jesus died for us? Did you know that he hung on a cross so that you and I could go to heaven when we die and be with him?" Out of the mouth of babes.

The thing I took away from this encounter was my dullness or that part of being an adult that forgets the true worth of the gospel. To Ashley, even though she may not have understood the theology or impact of salvation....that didn't lessen the fact that  it truly was "Good News." As an adult, sometimes we loose perspective on the eternal truth's of God. We allow ourselves to become hardened and weary from the day to day struggle of life itself. It doesn't lessen our salvation or take away from it....we just loose that perspective of what Jesus truly has done for us.

I never want to loose the wonder and amazement of what Jesus has done for me. I want it to always resonate within my spirit. I want to always carry around an attitude of gratitude for the sacrifice of Jesus. Like I said....out of the mouth of the little children shall come the pure-tell-it-like-it-is words of life.

I John 4:9-10
God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

II Peter 1:3
As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness. And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature.

Let the wonder of Jesus wash over you this morning.
Let the truth invade your heart and mind and bring you to a place of peace.
Let the cross cast its shadow over you as you realize the extent of Love God the Father has for you.
Let the power of the cross open you up to new levels of love and awareness of Christ in you...

Embrace Jesus.

God on you this morning.
Know that Vicki and I pray over these posting each day that God would speak to who ever stops by to read them.

Until tomorrow....
God loves you and so do I.


mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...