Monday, June 4, 2012

I Was Born (Again) To Worship


Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever; with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

News flash-----
Worship isn't about me and what I can get out of it. It isn't about my feelings or my blessings......it is about me returning to God everything he is worthy to receive. I have already given him my heart and soul. Threw my life into the whole package and now each day I look to Him as the sustainer and provider for my life. Weigh all of this against what the world offered me and God wins hands down.

Let's go over that list, shall we?
The World:
empty promises, lies, deceit and a mentality that causes people to use each other to get ahead. Throw in some addiction and the picture becomes really clouded (unless of course you've been set free by the blood of Jesus). Bring this up and society and culture has one big hissy fit crying, "Foul...Foul....You've crossed the line." It all about the separation of church and state. Part of me says...."Good! Separate us...you leave us alone and we'll leave you alone." Of course the part of me that says that is my flesh. Truth is, it's kind of hard to do the whole "Great Commission" if you've cut yourself off from and alienated the very ones you are to share with.
Now let's take a look at what God offers.
God:
His promises are yes and amen. His salvation is free (although it cost Him a Son...I know, I know....Jesus rose from the dead, but he still had to die). God has a plan whereas the world seems to be winging it and playing by ear. Trouble with that is the world is only using one wing to fly on and the ear they are playing by is tone deaf. Not a good combination.
I think I'll lean toward God.
It is for this very reason that I choose to worship. Worship daily through my job, my family, my interaction with others...saved or otherwise...makes no difference. I will love and tell of what Jesus has done to me, in me, through me and from me.

It would be different if I had to work at this "worship" thing. I don't. It is kind of like a second nature...I do it simply because that is what comes out of me. It comes from having a sense of gratitude and appreciation for who God is and how he has changed me. At last night's service, I was teaching and sharing about what we have been witnessed to since coming to Rapha back in '98. There were several there in the room who had multiple years of clean time and of living their life for Jesus. As I was sharing, looking around the room, I suddenly filled up with tears. They were tears of gratitude for the work that God had done in these men who had come back to visit. These men should have been dead years ago, but God said, "I'm not finished with your life yet...I have things for you do." Each man had answered "yes" to follow Jesus and they are alive today and prospering because of that decision. That is why I will worship God every day in every way. Because he has proven worthy to receive my praise and adoration. You know what....even if God never blessed me again....I would still have to praise and worship him.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the cherry trees don't blossom
and the strawberries don't ripen,
though the apples are worm eaten
and the wheat fields stunted,
though the sheep pens are sheepless
and the cattle barns empty,
I will sing joyful praise to God.
I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior, God.
Counting on God's rule to prevail,
I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer upon the high hills and places.

I choose today to worship God.
Not based on how well or how terrible my lot in life is....
I choose today to worship God.
Why?
Because He is worth it!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...