Friday, June 29, 2012

Keep Off The Grass! Stay On The Path!


Big Book of A.A -- Chapter 5 -- "How it works"
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not give themselves to this simple program.

Remember that we deal with alcohol (And drugs....M.B.) cunning, baffling, powerful! Without help it is too much for us. But there is One who has all power---That One is God. May you find Him now! Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon.

Psalm 32:8 -- The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."

Psalm 34:18 - The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 39:8 - Rescue me from my rebellion...........

Psalm 91:9-11 -  If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most Hight your shelter, no eveil will conquer you. No plague will come near your dwelling. For he orders His angels to protect you wherever you go.

Psalm 103:14 -  For He understands how weak we are. He knows we are only dust.

Psalm 107:5-9 - Hungry and thirsty, they nearly died. "LORD, help! They cried in their trouble, and he rescued them from their distress. He led them straight to safety, to a city where they could live. Let them praise the LORD for his great love and for all His wonderful deeds to them. For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

Psalm 119:19 - Help me abandon my shameful ways. Your laws are all I want in life.

Psalm 119:65 - You have done many good things for me, Lord. Just as you promised.

Psalm 119:71 -  The suffering you sent was good to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your principals.

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 139:23-24 - Search me, O God, and know my heart. Test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Psalm 139:3 - You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am.

I felt that I should only post Scriptures that somehow relate to the working and walking out the Twelve steps. I pray that you find comfort and a renewing of your spirit as you read them. If you have time, go back and read them again slowly. Let them soak inside you. Let them drive away any fear or doubt you may have this morning. Let these words be life to you. Realize that no matter what you are facing today, God knows about it and is watching over you. It may not seem like it. You may even not be aware of His presence, but He is there. He is still in control and I have to trust Him that He knows what is best for me. I will choose this day to follow the "Simple Path".

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...