Sunday, June 3, 2012

No Day....One Day....Two Day....


What a wonderful word.............."Today."
Today doesn't look beyond itself.
It doesn't look back with regret at yesterday, because what ever messes were made, what ever mistakes were made, have no place in today.  Today learns from yesterday but does not copy it.

Today doesn't stand yearning for tomorrow. Tomorrow has a very subtle promise that some people lay hold of. The promise is that tomorrow will be better. May not be. Sometimes my tomorrow is not that good, simply because I didn't take care of today.
Tomorrow has a tendency to mislead and misdirect people. Tomorrow promises much but never delivers. Why? Because there is always a tomorrow out there waiting for us.

Today keeps me grounded and on track. There might be a track found in tomorrow, but I cannot skip today to get there. Sometimes I wish I could. Things are so hard today that tomorrow would be a welcomed relief. Truth is though, my tomorrows are defined by what I do with my today's.

Hebrews 3:15 reads: But never forget the warning: "Today you must listen to his voice. Don't harden your hearts against Him (God) as Israel did when they rebelled."
Sounds to me like God is all up on "Today".
Today----you must listen to His voice..........
Today----you must not harden your heart......
When I live in the moment.........listening to God for directions, I move through my today strengthening myself and preparing myself for what ever tomorrow may bring.

Matthew 6:34 reads: So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.
It truly is about living in the moment.

As the Serenity prayer states----
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.


Live today to its fullest.
Drink it all up and then put some in your pocket so you can use tomorrow.
Thank God for everything you encountered today, even the bad thing. It is through those things we struggle with that we are stretched and matured. I don't always appreciate the struggles while I'm going through them, but in the end I know that I am a more complete person. How do I know that? Because I'm still chasing Jesus today. I still burn with a fire to grow up in Him today. Because I got up this morning looking forward to today. I doubt very seriously that in your addiction you got up each morning looking forward to today.


Today!
What a wonderful word.
Thank you, Father....for today.

God on you.....
mb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...