Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Call To Prayer

"When we stand before God, the one thing that will jump out at us and embarrass us will be the knowledge of how small our prayers were."  Leonard Ravenhill

Matthew 6:8
.....Because your Father (God) knows exactly what you need even before you ask him.

I am a babe when it comes to prayer.
Oh, I have prayed many a prayer. I have spent hours in prayer, but I feel so inadequate when it comes down to it. Maybe that is the heart of true prayer. A feeling of inadequacy to the point that we turn loose of will and ability and look to our heavenly Father to answer our cry for help.

I have read books on prayer.
I have listened to tapes and Cd's that contained teachings on prayer.
I have been in the presence of some truly great men of God who shared with me their thoughts and understanding on prayer. But the greatest school I've ever attended was when my heart was burdened and I took that burden to God in prayer.
Like I said, "I'm a babe when it comes to understanding what prayer is and how it works." Maybe being a babe isn't a bad thing. Maybe prayer isn't suppose to be understood. Maybe prayer is only supposed to be carried out, to participate in and to see an answer to what you have prayed for.

Prayer, real prayer, seems to have taken a back seat in our society today.
We have become so self-sufficient that we have need of nothing. When we live under that attitude, we loose the perspective about what prayer is truly about. Prayer isn't always going to God, pouring out your heart because you need something. Prayer is the direct line to an open heaven where I can, as it is written in the book of Hebrews, boldly come before the throne of Grace to receive His Mercy. I can bring my petitions and requests to God if I need to, but more than that, I can have direct communication with Him. My access to God is not bound by intellect or socio-economic back ground. My access to God is possible through and by the shed blood of Jesus, who is my Lord and Savior.


Yesterday was a day of prayer.
Last night was a night of prayer.
So many people hurting and afraid.
God laid it on my heart to begin to pray.
I would that you join your prayers with mine.

Please pray for a little girl named Ella Grace.
She is 7 years old and is facing heart surgery this Friday in Birmingham.
Her parents are Heath and Shannon and she has a little brother, Elijah.
For a 7 year old, the prospect of having surgery has to be frightening.
But for the parents of a 7 year old facing heart surgery, it is terrifying.

Pray for God's healing to take place in the life and heart of this little girl.
Pray for the doctor's and staff of the hospital that, under the hand of almighty God, all knowledge and training would be brought to bear to fix this little girls heart.

Even with all doctors and nurses, medicine and hospitals can do, it is still God who heals.

Ella Grace's family are believers and, as such, prayer has already started going up on her behalf, but please add yours if you will.
Let us all be still and see the salvation God will bring on behalf of this little one.

When it comes....when the healing falls upon Ella Grace, then let us be vocal and give thanks to God for his love and mercy...for his grace and healing presence.
I am so grateful that the God I believe in and live for is more than just words in a book. I am thankful that He is still in the business of interjecting himself into our affairs and lives to bring about His kingdom will here on earth.


God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...