Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Grateful List

Psalm 45:1
My heart is overflowing with a good theme.......

I have a real problem with all this "God" stuff. You know what I'm talking about....Scripture...the Bible....Church.....Ten Commandments. I have a real problem with all of this.
The problem is.....either it's all real and true....or it's not. I don't think you can categorize any of it. I don't think you can play "pick and choose" with the things of God. It's either real....or it a lie.
Actually the problem I have is no problem what so ever.
I am just crazy enough to believe that it is real.
It is true...
It is the source of real life.
That is why, this morning as I sit here at my computer, like the Psalm says, "my heart is overflowing."
I am very grateful today.

Is my life perfect?
Far from it.
I have problems that I must face.
I have fears that seek to destroy me.
I am plauged with doubts that assail me at every turn.
It seems that the only thing I am certain of is my inability to do anything right.
Pretty good list, huh?
Hovering in me and over all of these things I have listed, is the ever present Spirit of God. Therein is my comfort. Knowing that God has laid hold of me for His kingdom.
Today, I will have the opportunity to pray for someone.
Today, I will have the opportunity to tell someone my story.
Today, I will have the opportunity to be changed a little more into the image of my elder brother, Jesus. How cool is that? Of course these things are not unique to me and my life. They are part of the deal when you become saved, or born again, or whatever term you may call it.

Sometimes I think the enemy wants us to focus our attention on what we do not have. Such a ploy keeps us from being grateful for what we do have.
I'm not talking so much about material possessions as I am those intangible things that make life so complete.
Don't allow yourself to be drawn to such places in your heart and mind.
Keep your focus and attention on Jesus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that we all (those who are saved) get to play in His kingdom.
I know that God has saved me for a reason.
I know that this salvation that has been extended to me comes with a purpose. That purpose being me becoming equipped (through the study of God's word, and the recognition of the authority and power that has been given to me) to tell my story. More than simply telling my story, God wants to demonstrate the validity and truth of the story by what I have come to know as "Power encounters".  IN Scripture, we read time after time where Jesus would teach and after finishing, he would pray for people. People would be healed....people would have demonic spirits broken off of them....there would be a demonstration of power as God backed up the wor

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...