Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Breathing Back To God in Worship

There are times when the questions in my head come so fast that I feel lost and living on the edge. Most of my questions cannot be resolved and appear to be very deep philosophically. Truth is, they aren't. The questions that come to my brain are really vain attempts by me to understand someone who is beyond understanding. The nature and character of God is so complex and so intricate, that God Himself stated in John 17:3 that the reason we have been given eternal life is so that we might know Him. I see evidence of this in the journey we call life, as I grow and mature under the direction of His Holy Spirit. The God I know today, is far different than the God I knew 20 years ago....or even 1 week ago.

I mean that very statement is enough to hurt your head. God has granted eternal life to those who are saved, so that we may know Him. Not know as in a collection of facts and truths, but rather a knowing that comes from experiencing Him. I read the truth of this in I Corinthians 13:9 -- "We know in part, and we prophecy in part." In other words, there is coming a time of consummation in this relationship I have been given by God. A time where I will understand and know Him on an even greater level.

So what do I do in the mean time? How do I get to "Know" God here on this side of eternity?
I worship!!!


I understand that my very being has been filled with the Spiritual DNA of God. Bible tells us in I John 4:7 - "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." I am born again through the infusion of God's Holy Spirit into my life. I am free from sin! I am forgiven for my sin! If that isn't enough to worship, I don't know what is. I am the proverbial new creation. The Old Michael has been killed and buried and the new resurrected Michael is ready to be about the Kingdom business.
So I want to get down with God!! Praise Him!! Shout to Him!! Raise my hands to Him!! Lay on my face before Him!!! Scream out ..."I LOVE YOU, LORD!" I have been called by God to be a worshipping machine. Contrary to what Bruce Springsteen may say, I was not born to run.......I was born and created to worship. Giving my props to God for who He is. This is the reason for living. To worship God is number #1 in my life. I want to worship Him with every thing in me.


Worship is more than just music and words...it is an activity driven by an intense love I have for God.  Worship involves every thing in my life. It is a state of being that I live 24/7. The decisions I make, The way I carry myself daily in front of the world.....should reflect my belief and faith in God. My life becomes worship. Hopefully when you look at me, you don't really see Michael Bynum....You see Jesus! Notice I didn't say that you should see someone who is religious. I said you should see Jesus. My life becomes the only Bible that some people may ever read, so i want Jesus to be seen in everything I do and every word I say. I want to love those who love Jesus....I want to love those who don't love Jesus.

I realize that at 60+ years of age, my view of how all of this should play out...the worship...our daily life....seeing Jesus in me....may sound a bit strange. Rest assured, it isn't. I think the strange part is when others view me as having "sold out to Jesus." Becoming a "Jesus Freak." Well, you know what? I o.k. with that. I guess if you've got to be a freak...you might as well be one for Jesus. Sometimes the freaky-ness can cause strange things to happen. I remember a meeting where I was teaching, near the end a young man came up to talk to me. You could kind of tell by his actions and facial expressions that he wasn't too impressed with my Jesus. Sure enough, he lit in on me......"That Jesus you claim to believe in is just a crutch for weak minded people." He proceeded to tell me how drugs and alcohol were his god. That they provided a way out from the darkness of this world. I told him that I agreed with his statement that Jesus was a crutch for people who were weak. "If you're cripple, then you need a good crutch....but (wait for it...) I went on to tell him that I didn't have to guzzle my crutch and snort it up my nose just to get through the day." I looked him in the eyes and fired the shot that did him in....this young man with all his anger against God. I told him..."Hey! God love you.....and so do I." I got a chance to pray with him and he gave his life to Jesus. Last time I talked with him, he was clean and sober and had become a freak for Jesus. 
I don't mind being a freak for Jesus, how 'bout you?

C'mon! We sold ourselves to drugs and alcohol.
We gave ourselves willingly to relationships we knew would not work out.
We surrendered our moral compass to embrace a life of wanton destruction.
For what?
A feeling.
Getting high...

This was as good an escape plan as we could come up with.
Kind of sad isn't it?
Now....

Today....
Get yourself addicted to Jesus.
Be filled to over flowing with the Spirit and presence of Almighty God.
Let Him fill you with light and drive away every dark presence and every evil voice that only seeks to hold you in place.
Become the person that God originally created you to be.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...