Friday, September 14, 2012

I Am A Long, Long Way From My Home




Sitting here, I am tired.
Tired in my mind....
Tired in my flesh....
Tired.

Tired of politics. Tired of hatred. Tried of division. Tired of addiction.
Just tired.
Bone tired.
When I am confronted with such as this tiredness, I am strangely drawn to see home.
Home as in heaven.

I realize that this earth is not my home. I'm merely passing through to a better place and a better life.
I find my mind searching for verses in the Bible...
"I have gone to prepare a place for you."
"Comfort one another with these words."
It would be real easy to simply give up and say, "Take me Lord!"
But He isn't finished with me.
I don't get to make that call. He does.
My life is His, not the other way around.
Therefore, I don't get to call the shots...
Make the decisions....
When it's my time to leave this old world....God will make that call.


As the song in the video above says...."I am a long, long way from my home. I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth. I am a long, long way from my home."
Such thoughts keep me from falling in love with the things of this world.
Baubels and Beads no longer intrigue me, catch my attention and demand my allegiance.
I think maybe this might be a by product of growing older.

Bottom line.
God isn't finished, so I will carry on.

I will worship...
I will share....
I will give away...
I will guard my heart....
I will proclaim the greatness of this God who saved me.

I will love my God....Those around me, as I love myself.
I think this is all part of the journey.
May you find Him today.....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...