Monday, September 3, 2012

Into The Abyss


False Belief # 4
"I am what I am...I cannot change....I am hopeless."

Hopeless....
Even the very sound of this word as it rolls off my lips causes an emptiness to rise up in the pit of my stomach.
Hopeless has such a finality to it.

It echoes with the sound and whispers that there is no solution to my problem.
It wraps itself around me like some evil python, squeezing the very life out of me until I am so constricted, there isn't any room for hope of any kind to come to me.

The common sense definition of hopeless would be 'One who is without hope."
To me, I see hopeless as being "One who is without God."
To be hopeless is to be outside the will of God. To be out from under his protection...his love....his mercy and grace. In other words, we have allowed ourselves to buy into a lie.
A sin lie.
An addiction lie.
This lie has beat us down to the point that in our own minds we have surrendered to a bleak and empty future. A future without hope.

We read in the book of Jeremiah where God is pleading with the people to turn from their evil ways....in fact Jeremiah 18:11 says..."Turn back, each of you from his evil ways, and reform your ways and deeds." But the people would not listen. God knew that they wouldn't. In verse 12 we read..."But they will say, 'It's HOPELESS! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart."
God has offered them freedom and a way out of the judgment that is coming because of their sin, but they refused. Their reply....It's HOPELESS.

I don't know what you may be struggling with this day.

Maybe it is relationship issues.
Maybe it is an addiction problem.
Maybe it is so many things that your just bone tired and you have somehow bought into this thought that your situation is hopeless. Well, it isn't.
God will come to you and restore you.
He will fill you with hope.

Not a hope of sunshine and puppy dogs...lollipops and rainbows...but a real hope. A hope that is firmly rooted and grounded in Him.

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy, has caused us to be born again to a LIVING HOPE through the resurrection of of Jesus Christ from the dead.

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness...
I dare not trust the sweetest 'frain...

but wholly lean on Jesus name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand..
All other ground is sinking sand...
All other ground is sinking sand....'


Find God...
Find Hope...
Find Hope....

live!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...