Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apollo 8 - Taking A Moment To Reflect





Christmas-1968
Apollo 8 was circling the moon as part of the preparation for the future moon landing of Apollo 11. During a televised conference, the world (yes, I mean the world)heard an incredible declaration from the Bible. The crew of Apollo 8 read from the book of Genesis....Chapter 1. I was 17 at the time and was on the verge of my own discovery. A discovery that has lead me to this computer, typing out this message that you are currently reading. A discovery that moved me into a new dimension of reality. Jesus Christ saved me of my sin. He broke the power of sin, the penalty of sin and delivered me from the presence of sin.


Oh that my heart never become so hard or dark that I cannot see God around me and in me.
Grant me, Lord, that I may always look into the night sky and see your face and evidence of your handiwork. That if I stand still, while taking in the beauty of the heavens....and that if I listen with my heart and not my ears, I will hear Your wonders declared and proclaimed by all of creation.That your voice will the voice that rises above all the clatter and clammer of this world.


For you have looked upon me, your child....your friend...your servant...your son, with favor. My life is a reflection and a testimony to your greatness and faithfulness.How majestic is the very sound of your name, O Lord. How awesome is Your love and mercy. Who is like you? None! No one! There is none like you.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.....
God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...