Friday, October 12, 2012

Healing By Giving




Step # 12....Give it away.
I keep myself in a good place by giving away to others.
By being there for them.

By helping them.

James 1:27 says, "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this....to visit the orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

I know that this passage does not mention those who are struggling in addiction, but I believe (with all my heart) the list is for anyone who is being kicked around by life, and doesn't see a way out.
Pure religion, according to God, does not merely give material goods for the relief of a persons distress, it also oversees their care.It visits them in their home. It takes them to meetings and listens to them over the phone. It points the way to this Jesus who is the Higher Power we found in Step #2.

In Matthew 25:40, Jesus responds to those who have been there for others...who fed them, clothed them, visited them when they were sick or in prison..."In as much as you did it to one of the least of My brethren, you did it to Me." Every time you hand some one a cup of coffee and some cookies, He is there. Every time you give of yourself to help someone else make it just today, He is there. As you give away, He will fill you and strengthen you....just for today.

God on you.....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...