Saturday, October 20, 2012

I'm Just Passing Through


John 17:14 -
I have given them Your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

I don't think, in my 61 years here on this earth, I have ever seen such a hatred for anything "Jesus". It goes beyond hatred and moves into a "blasphemous" area that is scary. Even doing an image search for the picture I used in this mornings posting, I came across some references to Jesus that were sickening.

Has society lost the ability to see the truth? Did we ever possess the ability to know and accept the truth? To me, it's all a part of the drawing nearer to the end of the age. Let's stop right here and clarify something. I don't know when Jesus is returning. Just that He is. It may 500 years from now.....5 minutes from now....5 seconds from now...I don't know. But I do know that we are moving closer to that time with each second that goes by.

Notice what Jesus is saying in the verse from John 17. This is the prayer that Jesus was praying the night before his crucifixion. The world has hated.....(Past tense) his disciples because they are not of the world. Does that mean that those of us who believe and have given themselves to Christ should move off and live on a mountaintop, wear brown robes and sandals, and grow organic vegetables? No! We live here. We work here, we love her and we die here. Our entire time here in this society should be spent sharing what God has done for us.  We should not be surprised by the hatred we receive because of our belief. I guess this is where we find out what we truly believe, when others come against us. Do we hate back? Or do we love as Christ loves?

I Timothy 4:1-2 gives us insight into even what is going to happen in the church during these days.
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron...
What does this mean?
It means that even the heart of the gospel will come under attack and men will seek to twist and corrupt God's word. We see that today in the effort to redefine the word family. We see it in the effort to redefine the word marriage. We see it in the pulpit when a man or woman stands to preach the word of God and what comes out is a self-help, pop psychology, feel good sermon. I guess I'm old school.

I think I can safely write what I am about to and know that it's the truth.
Most professing believers have no idea why they believe what they do.
They cannot give you the scripture to back up their belief.
They cannot give you reason, beyond "that's what I was taught."
No wonder the church has become so gullible to the lies of the enemy. Our faith and our doctrine is very hollow. I don't want to live in such a state. I want to know why I believe what I do. I want to be able to defend my beliefs. I want to grow in Christ.
I want to pray as though this "Prayer" stuff really works.
I want to pray big prayers to a big God!

I guess I've rambled enough, and I thank you this morning for letting me vent.
Today...I choose to serve Jesus.
I reject the ways and message that society and the world sends out.
I am full aware that I am a marked man by society because of my belief in Jesus.
I am also fully aware that greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.
In other words....
I've read the end of the book....
God wins!

God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...