Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stand Up...Rise Up....Get Up.....



Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John The Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it be force. (violent people forcibly oppose the kingdom with their hostility. As Christ carries out his plans here on earth, those opposed attack his children, his name, his kingdom.)

Psalm 144:1-2
Blessed be the Lord my Rock who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.
My lovingkindness and my fortress..........

My high tower and my deliverer......
My shield and the One in whom I take refuge...
Who subdues my people under me....
( the idea of conflict or even war of a spiritual nature is foreign to most within the church today. They had rather close the doors and engage in good feelings and fluffy messages that do not offend. The messages may not offend, but neither do they prepare a soul to go back out into the world. )

If I do not seek God and find strength in Him......
If I neglect my responsibility to love and forgive.....
If I remain self centered and self focused on my own needs, wants and desires, seeking God only to give me what I think I need and want..........

I will be easy prey for the devil, who prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking those he may devour.
Rise up O' men of God...........
Rise up O' women of God...........
Rise up O' children of the Lord.....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...