Monday, November 12, 2012

Drink Up Buddies!



Water....
Not the H20 kind of drink....
But something that transcends our understanding and intellect.
It does more than quench a physical thirst.
It does more than simple "wet our whistle."

It brings a level of satisfaction and contentment to a person that cannot be explained.
If it can't be explained, then why am I writing about it?
Because you have to experience it, and the experience comes only through Christ.

No.#1---
You can't buy this water. You can't manipulate anyone or anything to get this water.
It is given out to those who are spiritually thirsty. I use a phrase when describing the desperation felt by those in addiction when coming to Christ. The phrase is the frame for the prayers that are offered up by someone who is bone tired and ready to change....
Either heal me or kill me, but I can't go on like this." This is the point at which a person is ready to receive the "living water" that Jesus gives.


No.#2---
There is a process involved in this exchange between Jesus and the one who is ready to receive. Jesus states in the John 4 verse that this living water "will become" a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. Did you ever notice that when it comes to Jesus and relationship with him, every thing moves "upward"? Jesus said in John 12:32 - "If I am lifted UP from the earth, will draw all peoples to  Myself." In other words, for the soul that is ready and willing to receive this message and the one who said it, there is a moving, if you will, from a life of spiritual darkness to one that is open and illuminated by the Holy Spirit living in us.

Let these words and this posting today encourage you.
Don't let that voice in your head keep you from checking out Jesus.
Don't let the cravings and the pain drive you away from real life.
Don't let the fear of the unknown dictate your actions, making you choose to remain in this old lifestyle.

My soul reason for writing this blog daily is that the message of what Jesus can do for you may become truth to someone who reads this.
I am not some kind of religious superman.
I am not a college graduate or hold degrees from universities....
I am simply a man who has found peace and the Power to live out my life.

I found it in an individual............this Jesus that a lot of you have been running from.
I'm sure that you can give me a million / billion reasons why you don't want to believe that what I am writing is true and real.....
But I can give you one as to why it is....my own personal life.
So I'll get up every morning and peck away at this blog.
I will continue to share the good news that you don't have to live the way you do.

I will continue to tell you that God himself has found you to be of great value, and desires to save you from yourself and your sin.
Desires to save you, restore you, redeem you and spend eternity with Him.

Now, I'd buy that for a dollar? Wouldn't you?

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...