Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Goopty Gunk


Day two of "Stay-cation."
Took time out to re-caulk the tub yesterday....
We're looking at major bathroom renovation after the first of the year, but needed to spruce up the "out house" for now.
Did you ever hear the saying..."He has two thumbs" or "He's all thumbs" ?
Well, multiply that saying by a brazillion and you have me.
I'm not the best handy man there is, but I am willing to make the effort and I usually learn how to after messing it up.

The caulking exercise went fairly well (after an initial attempt), and the bathroom looks better.
Today is "Clean up the house" and "work in the yard" kind of day.
I like not having a hurried pace to complete things.
Kind of setting a pace that is some what laid back yet completes the task.

I drove down to Lincoln last night to watch Chad's basketball team dismantle B.B.Comer....Lincoln won 65-32. That was a good win for my son's team. My grand kids were there so it was a double pleasure...to be with them AND the game.

As Thanksgiving day approaches, I am very much aware of how blessed I am, and I could draw up a list that would reach to infinity and beyond (Thanks Buzz Lightyear). I guess that is part of having God's Holy Spirit in me. An over whelming awareness of what God has given to me.

I hope you stop and take stock of your own life and find gratitude.
Give thanks to the Lord.....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...