Friday, November 16, 2012

Prayer...What A Concept




Psalm 5:3
Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.....

Psalm 18:4-6
The ropes of death surrounded me. The floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me. Death itself stared me in the face. But in my distress I cried out to the LORD. Yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary. My cry reached his ears.

All those voices you hear telling you....."Don't pray! It won't work! God isn't going to answer your feeble prayer! You've tried this before and God let you down!"
Don't listen to them....
Cry out!
Cry out now!
Don't wait.

What I share today is real, pure, unadulterated, divine truth that has weathered time and everything society has thrown at it to discredit God and what He can do.

He will listen to you!
He will act on your behalf when you pray.
If you've never prayed before or you kind of haphazardly threw up some words, hoping that they would stick...you need to understand something.
God does want to help you...
But he also wants to save you out of the darkness and life you have been dying in.

You may not see much value in yourself...
You may feel as though you are some kind of damaged goods....
God sees you differently.

He is not willing to sacrifice you and give you up to the darkness.
His love for you is as real as anything you have ever encountered in your entire life.

You may feel trapped and out of control as to your ability to live life.
It may seem to you that the faster you go, the farther behind you are falling.
But my GOD stands ready to take you out of the mess that sin/addiction has birthed you your life.
My GOD is bigger than any drug....

My GOD is able to heal you from all the self-inflicted damage you have done to yourself.

As Mark Heard sings in the song, "He Will Listen To You."
But you have to talk....
You have to cry out...."Oh God! Save me!"

And He will.


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...