Monday, November 5, 2012

I Will Awaken The Dawn



Psalm 57:7
..........."I will awaken the dawn."

Very unusual Psalm.
David is on the run from King Saul. Saul wants him dead. Fueled by jealousy, fear, and hatred, Saul is seeking to hold on to that which God has told him already he would loose. Saul's disobedience has removed the Kingdom from him by God. Now Saul has targeted David because he knows that David is God's handpicked replacement to take the seat and rule as King.

David is living and hiding in a cave.
There in the darkness, David worships.
He gives God glory...
He declares the greatness of God....
Things haven't changed for David, but that doesn't matter.

David worships.
The way the Psalm reads, David must have worshipped all night, because David states that he will "Awaken The Dawn" with his worship.
David had faith in God.
David didn't know what the outcome might be, but he knew that God was in control. He didn't know whether he would live or die, but he knew that God had spoken promises over him, and God doesn't break his word or promises.
Armed with this heart knowledge, David, there in that spiritual darkness and despair, declared that his worship to the living God would wake up the dawn.

That is the heart attitude I want!!!

Sometimes we try and validate our life based on how many good things happen to us as opposed to how many bad things come our way.
If we seem to be followed by the "bad", then we believe we are being punished. We believe that God has it out for us. We feel as though life isn't worth living. Such feelings usually come from our flesh...our self-centeredness...our old sin nature which is seeking to exert its control once again.
Rather, as the Bible says in II Corinthians 5:7, I am to live by faith.

I walk by faith.
I sleep by faith.
I eat by faith.
I breath by faith.

I think by faith.....
I am lead by faith.

I lay hold of God, and I do not let go for any rhyme or reason.
When I cannot understand the why of what's happening to me, I hold tighter.

When life doesn't make sense, I cling to him with everything in me.
In other words, faith in God becomes my central focus.

As the apostle Paul wrote....(Paraphrase)
No matter what state I find myself in...
Whether with a full stomach, or empty and starving...
No matter whether I possess a lot, or I have nothing...
No matter if I'm in a crowd, or alone with no one around...
I am content.
Because I can do all things....(and what fall's under all?)

Through Christ who gives me strength.To write such things could only come from someone who has faith in God.
Those words aren't just cleaver, religious sounding phrasings and platitudes....
NO! They are the proclaimed declaration from someone who has found and laid hold of truth.

The Bible says that a measure of faith has been given to each individual.
If that be the case, then take yours, this day....and begin to exercise it.
Ask God to show you the truth of who he is.
Read your Bible and see with your heart and not just your eyes.

You might be surprised as to what happens....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...