Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rolling Like Nobody's Bit-ness !



I'm off to see the Wizard!!!
This is day # 1 of my "Stay-cation".
If you will...extend some forgiveness my way this coming week.
I may or may not be posting here on the Greene Street Letters, due to being lazy.

Actually lazy won't be a part of next week...it will just be a different breed of work. Work around the house...Thanksgiving...ect...ect...
Looking forward to it though.
Vicki and I haven't taken a vacation this year so we are going to shut down for a bit.


Spoke at Celebrate Recovery at the Gathering last night. It was their first CR in their new location (Formerly 1st Presbyterian Church Downtown Gadsden). Good group of folks and I predict good things for this CR.

I saw a lot of familiar faces last night. Some I had not seen in a long time.
The Elrod's..Robbie, Irene and Carrie, along with Carrie's boy friend..Jeremiah. Or as I like to refer to him..Grizzly Adams...
Jeremiah is a neat fellow. He's a kind of "What you see is what you get" type of guy.
The Elrod's use came to the Vineyard while I was still pastor there,and we spent a great deal of time ministering and helping people. They still burn with a desire to extend the Kingdom of God. As a friend of mine likes to say...."They's Good folk."


James Crain, Taylor Morris and Mark Alexander---The Three Musketeers...(not he candy bar).  All three should be dead..but God had different plans. Now they are active and sharing their recovery with others still out there in the darkness of addiction.

Becky Vineyard--- Always good to see her. She makes me laugh...
She is kind of a "Super-ball in a concrete room" person. Full of life...full of God..full of love. I love to watch her worship...she goes full tilt.

Steve Brewster heads up CR at the Gathering.
The man loves God and is grateful for this period of time in his life. He is a GOD-chaser, and it shows. If you're looking for a great meeting to go to...then check out Celebrate Recovery at THE GATHERING...Friday nights..supper at 5:30 p.m. and main meeting at 6:30 p.m. Small groups follow after the main meeting.

Well, I think I'll go have my 2nd cup of coffee...and maybe even a 3rd.

God on you.....
mb

p.s.
We will be having service at Rapha tonight...

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...