Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Separated From....Or Separated To?


God bless the Apostle Paul (as I'm sure He has already and continues to do so).
Paul put into words the thoughts and ideas that run through my mind, in such a way as to bring clarity and comfort concerning my salvation.
Paul's writings to the Romans shows me that without a change of heart produced by the Holy Spirit, it is impossible to have a right relationship with God.

Paul lets us know that a life of righteousness could now be actuality through the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit. He enters the hearts of those who have embraced this salvation offered by God, to supply us with the life of Christ.

We now can live in the sphere or boundaries of the Spirit of God because we have been freed from the law of death. The Holy Spirit is now ever present to supply us with the POWER and determination to say no. You see, living a life of overcoming through Christ is more than a matter of self-will---it is living by an entirely new way ----it is life in the Spirit of God.

Paul states in Romans 1:1 that: He is "Separated to the gospel of God." Usually when you think of separation, you think of moving away from something...not to something. Yet Paul makes it perfectly clear that he was taken from one way of living to embrace another. Have you been separated to the good news of Christ?

I run into a lot of people who are intent on running away from their addiction. Intent on running away from that old life style. Intent on changing the way they live. Yet, with all this intention, they are clueless as to what to do. They know what they want to be separated from, but have no clue as to what they want to separated to. Here in Romans we see the truth. I give myself to God and commit to being bound to follow Him. Simple as that. I give will and life (Step # 3) over to His care. Now that I've done this, the best thing for me to do is get out of the way and follow. That means that I don't make any decisions without first praying, waiting for an answer and seeking council from others before I do anything. That sounds like a lot of hard work. Well, it is and it isn''t. By the way, how did you old way of making decisions work out? Not too good, huh?
Why not check out Jesus....He's got all the answers you've been looking for.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...