Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Essentials For New Life ----Part 6


Part 6
Go to the next level ----excellence

Over the past weeks, I have posted what could be referred to as "helps" in order to see this relationship with Jesus as more than a mental exercise.
When I was saved, God placed inside of me His Holy Spirit.

He was given to me to be more than something that makes me feel all fuzzy and warm whenever I hear "Just As I Am."
The Holy Spirit IS my comforter....
The Holy Spirit IS my help...
But the Holy Spirit is also my teacher, my guide and my strength.

In this relationship, I am called to grow and mature in my belief and trust in God.

I have been given the most incredible gift in the world. A transference of my very soul and being from a place of doom and destruction on an eternal level....
into a kingdom of light, peace and the presence of God.
There I will truly "know" God.

I'm not there yet....I may be looking for the "Sweet by and by"....but truth is, I'm living in the "Nasty here and now". 
So while I'm here in this time and walking out this life....
I want to learn of what God expects of me.
I want to be disciplined and trusting Him at every turn with every decision I have to make.

I know that what I write may sound like a bunch of "Do's and Don't's" ....but it is so much more than that.
It isn't about keeping a bunch of rules....
It is more about falling in love with this Jesus....

You know, love will cause you do some crazy things, won't it?
You do those things not because you have to....
You do them because you want to.
The things I do for Jesus...
The life I lead in chasing this Jesus is not because I have to...
It is because I WANT TO!!!!


I like the verse from Psalm 18--
God "makes" my feet like the feet of deer so I can run on the high places.
In other words, God will direct me and equip me to do things that I normally could not do on my own. This is one of the incredible by-products of this new life with Christ.
You may have tried recovery...you may have tried to quit. You may have even had some success at it...but you always seem to return to your old ways...
God will equip you to run high above the addiction...He will grant you strength and ability that is beyond your own capability.
That is a promise....
Think on these things today....

Merry Christmas from the "B's" from Attalla
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...