Friday, December 7, 2012

I Love The View From Here

Romans 4:24 - 25
But also for us...it shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead. Who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised up because of our justification.

I Love the View From Here

Falling to my knees.....before the cruel cross
Instrument of death for sinners like this one
law and mercy meet on wood stained with blood
that flowed for my release
And the only words that come, I say like a prayer
I love the view
from here

Suddenly I will be there
I'll see history through new eyes
as my faith turns into sight with all of the redeemed
I will see God....

Standing face to face, we share our vows
Angels gather round, the waiting is over
Awakened by your kiss
We become one
I am yours...and you are mine
And the only words that come, I say like a prayer
I love the view
from here
I love the view
from here

(song: I love the view by Brian Doerksen)

The longer I am here on this earth, the deeper the stirring and groaning to be united with Christ.
Torn by the truth that there are others who need to hear the gospel message
I realize that Christ's clarion call to "GO!" has not diminished or faded.
One eye here in this day, this life, this time...
and one eye turned to heaven...
gazing upon my Jesus...
The darker it gets in this world, this society...the more I am drawn to Him.
But in the drawing, the drive to worship becomes greater..
The leading to tell my story and the good news of Christ becomes
more urgent.
There are still those out there shackled to needles...
Bound up by the bottle....
Weighed down by pill and pipe....
Loosing themselves a little each day until they are simply
breath around some bones.
No hope..
No tomorrow...
Only the high of the moment, which will fade and leave them crying for more.
God be with me...
God be with them....
Draw them unto your Son, Jesus
and there may they find true life..
real life....
Eternal life....

God on you this day!
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...