Monday, December 17, 2012

It May Be Dark......But God said



Genesis 1:3
Then God said.........

Lot's of God-haters out there....
Especially after this past weekend.
"Where was God when those innocent children were being killed by that mad man?"

"I can't believe in a God who would let such things happen to children!"
I catch myself, in such times as these, wondering myself.
Not "where was God?"

But how it all fits together.
You see, I think we, as humans, want these kind of events to fit in a nice, neat little package of understanding. But they won't. It is hard for us to balance our theology with the acts of a mad man. Here is Christmas....a time of love and peace on earth....Tell that to the parents of those who lost children.
You can't make sense out of that which is insane and inhuman.
There aren't any answers to satisfy our human understanding.
I'm not going to sit here and act as though such events as the murder of children doesn't affect God. I truly believe it does.
I believe that God grieves over the actions of sinful men and women.
I believe that God is stirred when free-will and choice runs contrary to His desires.
Maybe that is what we are suppose to see and understand.
That what I do and the choices I make do affect those around me.
I don't believe for one moment that God allowed this to happen to teach us a lesson.
Lessons come from every event....
We learn from every situation.


You see, I believe that such events as the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting was conceived and carried out by the devil himself. He has no qualms about the destruction of innocents. It bothers him not in the least to see suffering and pain. In fact such things only butter his bread and whets his appetite. But at every turn, God will bring out of the destruction...out of the pain....out of the darkness......light.
No matter what the devil does....
God has the last word....

..."And God said!"
The devil may work through the deeds and dark hearts of those who are outside of God's grace ..but God himself will speak to the hearts of those who have suffered the greatest loss. These words that God will say to them are not hollow....or flowery.....or meant to give a paper mache' hope....When God speaks, it is the building of a firm foundation within the heart of those parents who have lost children.
No matter how dark it may fall upon the lives of these men and women....
God is there to speak into that darkness and show them the eternal light of his purpose and grace and yes.........even his love.

The devil may have taken the lives of those children in a heinous act of hatred and gunfire.....
But God himself ushered each one of those precious souls into his presence.
The separation between each child and parent is not forever.....

There is comfort in knowing that there will be a reunion...
How do I know this?
Because God said it....


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...