Monday, December 3, 2012

Two Steppin'


Dark days.....
Hard Times......
This new life of recovery is, at times, so complicated (or at least it seems that way) that you want to return to the darkness of addiction.
But you know you can't.
You've come to far to turn back now.
So what do you do?
Look for the good....
Remember God's promises.....
Call someone and talk (preferably your sponsor).
Go to a meeting.
Do something positive....
Don't just sit there with your thoughts and emotions, thinking that this feeling will simply go away.
We have to learn to be proactive in these situations instead of reactive.
Doing nothing has been our behavior in the past.....rather than confront the feeling, we simply gave in to it.
No longer......
I have to learn to live in hope.

How do you keep hope alive?
You view every situation you face....
You view every circumstance you are looking at.....
As a gift from God.
It is simply another opportunity to grow and mature in this new found way of life.
I view every tomorrow as another opportunity to add to the sobriety I have been given.
When I get up in the morning, I will open my eyes and pray..."Good morning, Lord! How are you doing? What do you have planned for us today?"
God knows you better than you know yourself.
He does have plans for your day.

I love the verses from Lamentations Chapter 3.....
The prophet Jeremiah finds himself in the worst of all possible situations....
All around him is destruction.....
Death is everywhere.....
Pain and misery are the norm for the day....
Yet in all of this, Jeremiah pens these words.....
My soul still remembers....and sinks within me.
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.....

Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed.
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning.
Great is your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him!"


Today is the day we not only believe Step #2 of the Twelve Steps...
We get Step #2 all down inside of ourselves....

Our belief that Jesus is the Higher Power needed to restore my life to sanity.
To make sense of all the insanity that I have brought upon myself.
To give me clarity of thought and purpose as I walk out this day.
To see things in a new way and new light....
To reject the voices of the past so I can embrace the VOICE of today...
Your voice, O God!

I want to close today's posting with Lamentations 3:25-26:
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him.
To the soul who seeks Him.
It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

May the God of peace and  mercy strengthen you for today.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...