Wednesday, December 26, 2012

We Are In Need Of The Fire Of God



If ever there was a time....it is now.
If ever there were a people...we are them...
If ever truth existed, it must be seen and heard.
Now is the time to awaken from our slumber and hear the truth of the gospel...
We are in need of being shaken from our complacency and awakened out of our selfish sleep....

We are in need of "hearing"....not just seeing.....
We are in need of "hearing"....not just experiencing.
We are in need of "hearing"...hearing the Word of God.

We are in need of REVIVAL!
I know such words are steeped in tradition and covered with a view of being antiquated and outdated, but the fire of God that falls to awaken a sleeping people is never outdated. It burns away the world that has infected us and brings us into a new awareness and understanding of who God is.
Revival is God's love falling on a people.
It is a people falling in love with God.....


The song in the video is one that was sung during the Welsh Revival in 1904/1905. Being from Welsh descendants, it stirs my heart  when I hear it. It is my prayer and my cry for God to start a Revival among those in Recovery and out there still in addiction. To start a fire in this county, this state and this country that would draw people into a loving relationship with Jesus. You think I'm a dreamer? You think I am not being realistic? I don't share that view. "For nothing shall be impossible with God!"
Let this coming year be the year that the Fire and Presence of God fell upon this nation.....
Come, Lord Jesus, Come!


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...