Thursday, January 24, 2013

Be Ye Glad




I Chronicles 16:31
Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad, and let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns."

My heart is filled with joy and gladness when I think on my Jesus.
When I think on the cross and the amount of suffering and pain He went through.....

Knowing that it was for me (and you) that he endured, I am overwhelmed with gladness.
When I think on the fact that I can get up this morning and have the ability and health to move around. To study His word. To pray and  have a quiet time with Him.....I am filled with joy and gladness.

When I think on how far He has brought me, the troubles and trials that Vicki and I have faced, and through it all, one redeeming thought stands....God is at work in this world, and in this life.....I am filled with joy and gladness.

When my name is called across a room or as I'm walking down the street and I turn to see someone who came through the program, and they are doing well. I am filled with joy and gladness.

When life turns and hard and tries to beat me down, I turn my thoughts to the promises of God.....to heaven and how it will be in the presence of Jesus...then I am filled with joy and gladness. The emotional clouds part and the light of God floods my soul.

What an incredible gift God has given us in the form of joy and gladness. Oh the world has tired to copy it, but what they offer is a hollow shell compared to the real thing given from God's hand.

Don't let this life and this world rob you of finding God's joy and gladness this morning. Ask Him to fill you up, overflowing and running over. Then go out and face the day. Who knows....you might splash on someone else who needs a little joy and gladness.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...