Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Moving Forward

No pictures for the blog posting today....
Blogger.com seems to be a bit sticky and wouldn't load right.
Sorry bout that...
I know that some of you live for the pictures here daily at the Greene Street Letters.

Now that was some kind of hyperbole, wasn't it?
There is a lot more to life than this blog.
I am grateful for the opportunity to write here.
I am equally grateful that some find it worth reading.

This is, to me, the mystery of God.
How He uses people who aren't really qualified to work in His Kingdom.

That is one reason the world looks at us so strange, and with a bit of hatred in their eyes...
To the world, you should have credentials or diplomas or at least the endorsement by someone who does.
The world tends to fall back on the argument that those who lack education are backwards and not worth reading or listening to.
Throw in the fact that I was born and live in the Southern United States of America and my credibility goes down quickly...
Well, butter my behind and call me "Biscuit".


What gives me the opportunity to write on this blog?
God has called me to do so.
There are days I wake up with nothing to write...
nothing to share....
And I make my way to the living room, coffee in hand, Bible under my arm when suddenly a thought or a verse will come to my mind. I'm still not sure whether the thought has originated in my own mind, or if God has spoken to me. But I decide to chase it and see where it takes me.

What  I have found is that someone, somewhere needed to read that particular posting for that day.
It is this knowledge that God indeed speaks through the postings of this blog that keeps me getting up every morning and writing.
That someone I may never meet....
Someone I will may never hear from...

found something on this blog that made a difference on a particular day in their life. That they may, in fact, have run into the real-deal God and He changed their life.

I also know that I am the least important part of this equation....
I think that falls into the category of knowing my place in this relationship with Jesus...

I figure if He can use Balaam's Donkey to speak....
Then I am expendable. Have no problem with that.
So what does 2013 hold?
Well, for one thing, the focus of our meetings on Saturday night at Rapha will be focused on "THE GOD OF THE TWELVE STEPS." A wise man once told me, "You can't follow the 12 steps and not bump your head on the cross." I concur.
Sometimes we get so wrapped up on the steps.....
we forget the Power who can make the steps work.That power being Jesus.
So I'm excited about where God is taking us this coming year.

This Saturday night, Seth Barber will be speaking....
Debbie Handy will be leading worship...

So be in prayer that God will once again come into our meeting.
That we will gather to meet with Him.

See you then!
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...