Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling Mellow This Morning

"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness...."   Lamentations 3:22-23

Easy like a Sunday morning.
Two meeting down, one to go.

Tonight at Celebrate Recovery North Glencoe.
Word has been given....
Praying and percolating it right now as I move through the day.
I go expecting.

I go expecting God to come and be in our midst.

Life goes on all around me.
Pain.....
People hurting.....
A million questions seemingly without any answers.....
Truth is, the answers are there, we just aren't ready to really receive them.
That is why I trust God. He knows best about answering my questions.
At some point in the future, every question I ever had will find its answer.
Isn't that an amazing thought? That at some point in the future we will know, as we are know by God. In other words, we will be given God's perspective to see and hear and learn and understand. No longer held back or confined and stopped by this finite mind and brain I currently use.

Seth Barber brought the word last night at our meeting.
And what a Word Seth Barber brought.
The Kingdom of God grew last night with new citizens and souls. How cool was that? Never tire of seeing men and women come to the place where they run into the real-deal God. "Jesus is Lord' no longer stands as a cliche or trite statement, but becomes the stamp and belief on a life that has been changed.
Mayonnaise! (that's Rapha/Vineyard speak for "Amen!")

Sunday is a time to reset the compass and gas up the soul for the next trip...the next week...the next appointments.
Vicki and I have shared our coffee, our prayers, our scriptures and our hearts as we worshiped this morning. Such a blessing to settle in on our couch and worship. Letting mind, body, spirit and soul rest and rejuvenate for the coming week. It is one of my most favorite times.

Well, my cup is empty but the pot isn't.
Think I'll mosey into the kitchen for another cup of joe.
Until tomorrow....
God on you....
mb

 

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...