Friday, February 8, 2013

Keep Me Running......



Habakkuk 3:19
The LORD God is my strength: He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on high hill.

Keep me running, Lord....Let me run the race set before me this day, and do not let me embarrass your name through my words or actions. May those I come in contact with, see You in me, that they may come to the saving knowledge and grace that you offer.

released in 1976....
I didn't hear Randy Stonehill's "Keep Me Running"  until 1979.....
I remember thinking, "no way!" 
Christian?
Music?
The only Christian Music I knew of was what was known as Southern Gospel....and being taken by my parents to more "all day singing's" than I care to count, I rebelled. I hated the music at those singing's.

As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate the power of God's Holy Spirit to use any music for His glory. 

Yep! I even went through that well-documented period when if it had a back beat and minor chords....it was "THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!" I remember when I was playing with the band "Son's And Brother's", we took a road trip to play at a church in Pensacola, Florida. Upon setting up and running through some songs for a sound check, an elderly fellow sauntered into the auditorium where we were playing and began to question us.
"You the boy's that are going to play tonight?"
"Y'all don't play that Rock and Roll music do you?" (emphasis on "rock and roll"). He went on to say, "Because if you do, well, we don't allow that kind of stuff here in this church." I am grateful that the powers that be in that particular church rescued us and gave us permission to play our "Rock and Roll music".....as best I recollect, over thirty kids got saved that night. If this be the devil's music, then how embarrassing is it for God to way-lay it and use it for His kingdom. You go God!

God has kept me running lo these past 19 years...(1994 was my introduction into the Vineyard). Music has been an integral part of my time in the Vineyard...as it has become a vehicle that I use to worship my God with. I tell people, whenever we gather to worship, we aren't singing about God..........we are singing to God. A hand-crafted, heart-felt, love letter to express our hearts desire to God, for who He is in our lives.

Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet....
Praise Him with the lute and harp...
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance....
Praise Him with the stringed instruments and flutes....

Praise Him with the loud cymbals....
Praise Him with clashing cymbals....

Let...
Everything...
That has....

Breath....
Praise the LORD....
Praise...
The...
Lord!!!!


God on you....
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...