Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Open Letter To A Friend



Good morning.....
You've been on my mind and my heart. I prayed for you last night and then again this morning. I won't stop praying for you. I know that you are in a hard place right now. You've gone back to some old ways and old thoughts. The "why" of this behavior is not important. What is important is that you stop and read this letter.

Stop what you're doing right now. That's right---stop. I  know that you think you can't. I know that you think you've crossed the line and there is no returning from the darkness. That is all a lie that is being told to you by the devil and his minions. I know that you are trying to validate why you've started using again. You may even be able to justify and rationalize it all away. But the truth is, you've come to far to allow this to carry on.

I know that you are weighed down by guilt and shame and that it is these "terrible two" that are fueling your behavior. Stop! You made claims and proclamations about your love and commitment to Jesus. Well, He feels the same way about you, and He has not given up on you. Even at this hour when it seems the darkest, He is right there with you, waiting on you to turn to Him. 

My Bible says "If we confess our sins, then He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Those just aren't flowery words to make us feel good. They are words of truth that bring life. Words that bring hope. Jesus is not  walking around with a "mad-on" towards you. He loves you. Did you catch that? He loves you. Not He loves you because you do right, but loves you because you are one of His creations. He loves you with an everlasting love. Is He proud or happy when we go off into sin or return to old addictive ways? Of course not. But such behavior is why he created "forgiveness"..."Mercy"...."Grace".

So today....
Right now....
Confess....
Repent (change of heart and mind as well as direction you're headed in)
And receive it....
Receive His love....

Receive His mercy....
Receive the healing presence of God's Holy Spirit inside you, and rise from the ashes of destruction and death and be who God created you to be.

I love you.....

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...