Friday, March 29, 2013

More than Affection And Without Defintion


We live our lives like these empty pots...
Created for a purpose but never fulfilling that purpose.
We run around trying to be filled with everything but the right thing.
IT is the love of God that we unknowingly thirst for.

Love..heavenly love...divine love...

Did you know that Jesus loves you?
I mean do you really know that?
I know that we say we know.
I know that we claim to know that that truth about the love of God...

But do you really understand what this love means?
We sang about it as children...."Jesus loves me, this I know...."
But have we let that truth really work its way all down inside of us..

The fact of Jesus' love should cause our knees to buckle under the awesome awareness that in spite of my messes.....in spite of my unfaithfulness at times....in spite of my periods of trying to be all religious looking and sounding.....there rising above all my mess is the love of Jesus.


That love for us is pure and cannot be tainted or touched by this world.
This love has the power to shatter any weapon or belief that the enemy could bring to our hearts or minds.
Crystal Meth has no power in the presence of Jesus' love.
Crack crumbles and is blown away under the weight of Jesus' love.
Alcohol has no effect against the taste and sweetness of Jesus' love.
All darkness of mind and spirit flees in the presence of Jesus' love.

You can call yourself every detestable name you can think of because of your past behaviors....
You can word curse yourself into the utter regions of depression and suicide....
You can slam your fist down and accuse the heavens of every wrong you've ever done....
But in one blinding instant, the love of Jesus can undo everything the enemy has brought to your life. Shatter every word curse ever spoken and disarm every weapon of the enemy.

The love of Jesus can erase all doubt...
The love of Jesus can break through every wall of doubt you may have erected around your heart and your life....

The love of Jesus is a Power greater than yourself that can restore you to sanity.
Today is the day to receive this love....
Oh...I know what you're thinking.
"How could He love me with all I've done and said."
How could He not love you?

To not love you but would be to deny His own creation.
My rejection of Him and His love is the only power that can keep this separation in place.
Open your heart and receive the love of Jesus.
He is risen!

Enjoy the video of Ryan Delmore's Love of God
God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...