Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wimber On The Kingdom Of God



The Kingdom of God is mentioned 126 times in the Gospels. John the baptizer came proclaiming it. Jesus taught on it. After teaching about it, Jesus would then demonstrate it to those who had listened. It is this proclamation of God entering our time and space to destroy the works of Satan, that stirs me. This is the heart of why I do what I do. It is the very essence of the call that rests on every believer. To tell and show that God is who He claims to be, and will do what He claims He will do.

Being a part of recovery community, I have seen this teaching/demonstration done over and over and over. I have seen the hardest of hearts melt under the touch of God. The opening of heart and mind to the simple fact that this God is real and He does desire to have relationship with us. I have seen people healed after hearing the Kingdom message. Healed of everything from a brain tumor to kidney problems. I have seen God bring His power to bear in such a way that a person was detoxed instantly from the effects of the drugs he'd been taking just a few hours before. I have seen a person whose heart was so hard that they cursed God. They wanted nothing to do with God. The had rejected God. But in all this hatred, they didn't realize that God had not rejected them. He came with such tenderness, that it totally caught this man off guard. He was undone completely as the Spirit of God came over him. He wept like a little baby, saying over and over..."Oh God..I'm so sorry, forgive me."

I try to keep the main thing..the main thing.
And the main thing for me is Jesus and the declaration that the Kingdom is being carried out here on earth as it is in heaven.
If that doesn't set you on fire...
Then your wood is wet.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...