Thursday, April 11, 2013

2-4-3 or 2:43

Hebrews 12:28-29
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace by which we may serve God acceptable with reverence and godly fear. For Our God Is A Consuming Fire.

Kingdom.....
A word that has many different thoughts behind it.
Of course in our day and time when we hear the word "kingdom" we think of.....A King.
A king who rules over people.
A king who has a geographical boundary in which he is ruler.
But in the Hebrews passage, it gives the indication that we are in constant "receiving" mode of a kingdom given by God to us. A kind of a here-in-our-time-but-not-yet-complete-work that God is doing around us and in us.
The Kingdom it speaks of in the Hebrews passage is the dynamic rule of God in the hearts of those who are committed to Him. We are an on going work in progress, as we grow spiritually in Christ.


The God I know today is so much different than the God I knew 5 years ago. Does that mean that God is ever changing? No. I'm the one who is changing. I'm the one whose concept and ideas concerning God is being challenged every day by the real truth of who God is.Not some mental exercise but a real interaction in my daily life as I hear God and try to follow His instructions.

Monday, as I was at the church, I had was wrapping  up my day, and during my final prayer I asked God to speak to me. I just wanted to hear him before I left the building. I was sitting at the front of the room, the stage to my back. I stood up from the table and opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was the clock at the back of the room. It read: 2:43. My first thought was, "The numbers are out of sequence...it should be 2-3-4, not 2-4-3. But as quick as thought entered my head, God spoke and said, "The numbers are out of sequence, but that is the correct time.' What appeared to be wrong to me, was the right time to God. God shared that what we were going to be approaching in the days to come may seen out of sequence and order to us, but we should not fret because it was the right time. His Time. God's time is always perfect and spot on. Now that may sound like a simple thing, but I took great comfort in it because God knew that I have a tendency to over plan things. He was telling me to not get caught up in the day to day order especially when it gets out of order. He is still in control and is on time with what we will need for the moment. I can rest in this. Come to think of it........I believe I will.

God on you....
mb
Just a reminder that we will be open Saturday night for the first meeting of VINEYARD RECOVERY FELLOWSHIP. Starts at 7 p.m. / Downtown Gadsden on Broad Street, located between 4th and 5th streets, across from Gadsden Variety Store.

We will not be offering a nursery or child care. Don't let this keep you from coming....Kids are very much welcomed.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...