Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BREATHE by Marie Barnett



Marie Barnett, who will be a part of the LIVING SACRIFICE WORSHIP CONFERENCE at Gadsden Vineyard Church, sings of her need for Jesus.

This isn't a song that was written to be a Christian "HIT".
It was born from a heart that realizes we are all just bones and breath without Christ.
That Jesus is the very essence of life to us.
Last night, during our Bible study at Rapha, I got to witness the incredible heart and power of God.
During the closing prayer, I asked for God to let conviction fall upon all us, those present and those who did not come to the study. That we might be free of any sin that is keeping us in bondage.
"Amen" was said and we began to put things away, when a young man comes through the back door. He had not come to the Bible study but was over in his dorm room hanging out.

I asked him if he was alright, but tears came to his eyes....
"How do I get saved? I've got all this wrong I've done and I'm miserable." He went on to share how he'd grown up in church but never fully believed or made a commitment to Jesus. But there in that chapel, he came into the family of God. The part I love in this whole scene is that I was in the chapel praying for conviction to fall upon the camp....and over in the dorm room, this young man had come under conviction that he needed to be saved. This kind of stuff can really mess up you theology if you let it.

Pray for him that he would grow in Christ and break free from his addiction.
God is goood.
Everyday!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...