Thursday, April 25, 2013

Coming Down

Matthew 8:1
"When Jesus came down.........."

What does your world look like?
Is there pain?
Is there sickness?
Is there hopelessness?

How about depression and addiction?
Does your world have a bright future or do you sometimes just lay awake at night thinking to yourself, "Is this all there is to life?"
Do you get up each morning and plod through the workday hoping you can simply survive till you can get home and shut the world out?

That is why I love the words to Matthew 8....."Jesus came down."
Jesus interjected himself into our time and space.
He came, under direction from God the Father, to bring the Kingdom rule of God to earth. To show humanity that we need not live under the bondage and rule of Satan and his rule of deception and darkness.


Jesus came proclaiming a new way to live. It was nothing like the example the world gave the right way to live and interact daily. The world's view is to do whatever it takes to make sure you get your slice of the so called "pie". To get ahead at whatever means is possible. Use those around you if it helps you to succeed. Jesus came not only with a message, but also with the Power to validate and back up His claims. See, to me that is the biggest thing that people who don't know this Jesus want to harp on. I hear people say all the time..."Oh, I believe in Jesus...I believe He was a really good teacher." Is that a crock or what? Or I hear them say, "I believe that Jesus was a really, really, good man." You've got to be kidding me.

First off, Jesus claimed to be God. He didn't say He was like God, or that He knew God...He claimed to be God in flesh. Now who would say that if He wasn't. Either Jesus was a looney, and didn't know any better, or He was a liar and He was out to deceive everyone. Or......here's the kicker. He truly was God in a way that you and I could understand and relate to. See that is the whole message in a ball.  God has come to offer us a relationship with Himself. A relationship that grows and becomes intimate, as I get to know Him. It is a living, breathing, growing, stretching, relationship that changes as I grow and change. I have said this for a number of years, and it still rings true today...."The more I  know about God.......the less I know about God." By that, I mean that my understanding of who God is and how He operates in my life is constantly changing. For that I am grateful.

God came down to meet me right where I was....

God has come down to meet me right where I am.....
God will come down to meet me right where I shall be....

He is some kind of God....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...