Monday, April 1, 2013

Day After...Now What?

Day after Easter....
Now what?
Monday...
Back to work...
Back to the grind.....
Easter is over....

Colored eggs have been extracated from their shells and it will be egg-salad for lunch.
Peeps have been eaten along with all the jelly beans...
We did our due diligence by attending church.
Put on our Easter best.
We listened to the special music...
We even got misty-eyed at the invitation...
But now what?


Well....
Every day should be Easter.
Every day should be a celebration in the heart of every believer that "He is Risen....and continues to be "Risen" every day.
Every breath I take should be a reminder and testimony to the simple fact that Jesus has risen.
He is risen with every hour I clock at work.
He is risen when my life is less than reflective of the truth of God.
He is risen when I am struggling with a crisis of faith. Remember, Jesus has no such crisis as this. His crisis was cast off and left in an empty tomb.

My life shoud be a walking, talking, eating, sleeping, moving around testimony to Easter..I have life because He did rise! I have freedom in Him because He didn't just die, he came back and walked away from death.
.
Every day is a testimony to the fact that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He wasn't confined in some dark, dank, dirty tomb....
I love the angel guys who were hanging out in the cemetery....
Women show up to anoint and finish the preparation for Jesus' burial.
The angel guys ask the women, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here. He has risen!"
Sometimes I think my walk with Christ gets over into the "Looking for the living among the dead"....that is nice way of saying...."Michael, you missed it son. You're seeking out the religious when you should be all up in a relationship."
You can always hold a church service in the tomb....
You can mourn over the should-of, would-of, could-of...
But Christ has moved on and is out among the people.

He is risen!

Don't let Easter be watered down and separated into one day a year.
Every day is Easter.

He has risen today.
Tomorrow will once again proclaim to a dark world...Jesus has risen.
Next week will testify to the fact that Jesus is not in the tomb.
And if we declare it long enough and loud enough..who knows what might happen to those around us.

He is risen...
One last video....
Russ Taft singing Were You There.

Can't help but weep tears of joy when I hear this.
Let it get all down inside of you and let the Holy Spirit of God turn the lights on so you can see...

He is risen!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...