Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Somethings Up

Ephesians 6:12 (Amplified)
For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood (contending only with physical opponents), but against the despotisms, against the powers, against (the master spirits who are) the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.

Seems to be some things stirring in the air.
You know if you get hit with one drop of rain, you might think, "It just might rain."
But if the bottom falls out and your drenched you probably will say, "It's raining."
Well, it was kind of like that yesterday.
I got a phone call from a friend who was seemingly under a kind of spiritual attack.
Struggling with emotions and feeling and thoughts that were coming out of no where.
Depression....
The thought of giving up kept going through their mind.

Thoughts of not fitting in at their church.
The list went on and on. I asked them if there was any basis for such things to be happening and they assured me that there wasn't. Everything had been fine until they got up yesterday and suddenly found themselves in this whirlwind of upheaval. 

Shortly thereafter, I received a call from my wife. She had suddenly been hit with a searing pain that started at the base of her skull, went across her shoulders and down into her right arm. She commented that she hadn't done anything to cause this to happen. Before I go any further, let me explain that I do not believe that every ache or sudden intense pain is an attack from the devil. But I do believe that we should seek God's counsel as to whether it could be a spiritual attack and not just a physical symptom.  I knew that my wife was operating in areas that were part of her call. She is a true servant of God and expends herself for the physical, as well as spiritual, well being others. As I prayed for her, God showed me that this was indeed an attack. I began to pray for her, reminding God (Not that He had forgotten) that He had called me to be the spiritual head of our house. I prayed that my authority and covering would extend over my wife and my family, asking that God would break off this attack against my wife. That was around 10:30 yesterday morning. When I talked with her at lunch (12:05) she was fine. The pain was gone and she had no side effects from it. In this case, evidence points to it truly being an attack against my wife by the enemy (a.k.a. the devil and his forces of darkness).

The day progressed, and call after call I received continued to be about attacks on the mind and emotions. Some even to the point of having thoughts of suicide, and these individuals had never contemplated such things before. So, with each call, we prayed for the protection of God to break off the attack and for God's Holy Spirit to manifest Himself with covering and protection. I reminded the person I was talking with to take time and make sure that there wasn't a door open (because of some sin) that was allowing the enemy to come in. 

I guess the purpose of this posting this morning is kind of an alert for us to beware of what is going on around us and in us. To draw close to God and not allow our minds or thoughts to wander. Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.....That's not a bad thing, is it? No.
If you need prayer, then let me know...
You can reach me at 256-490-1868. Should I not answer, I'll get back to you as fast as I can.
God on you...


mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...