Monday, April 22, 2013

The Anti-stumbling God

Jude 24-25
Now to Him, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy....To God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever...Amen.

This should be the motto for every believer that draws breath...
This should be the proclamation for those who are following Jesus....

He is able.
Because the lie the enemy wants you to buy into is "He isn't able to rescue you this time!"

Or..."Well aren't you just the black sheep of God's family. If He truly loved you, you wouldn't be going through what you're going through."
Divide and overpower ...
Divide and conquer....

If he can divide your thoughts so that the truth is mixed with his planted doubts and half-truths, then he can knock you off track.

I love the opening words to the verses from Jude.
"NOW"-----that would mean present, right here, at this moment. You see, God is a present/presence. In other words, He is working, moving, touching, speaking to me every moment of every day. He isn't seated somewhere on the back side of the moon watching everything. 

"Who is able to keep you from stumbling".....That means that no matter what the obstacle is........no matter what the roadblock is that is thrown in my path....no matter whether I see it in time or not....God is able to not let me destroy myself because of it. That is the king of God we serve...One who is able to keep His own no matter what the world or devil throws in our path. 

I guess the biggest thing I see people struggling in addiction do is to buy into the lie that they can never change. That they are beyond the reach and scope of God's power to be rescued. In other words, God is not able. With this incredible road block of a thought planted firmly in the mind and the heart of the addict, I have seen God's Holy Spirit break down this stronghold thought and bring the truth of what He is able to do. That is the kind of God I serve.

This is another reason why we are meeting on Saturday nights. To introduce our God to those who are living under the lie that their very lives are beyond the reach of Him.
More than that, I want those who attend to know that Jesus is offering life, abundant, here and now. Abundant in the love and promises that are found in scripture.
Abundant peace....
Abundant grace....Grace? Yep! Grace: The empowering presence of God in my life that enables me to be who God created me to be, and to do what He has created me to do.......Grace!

Abundant love....
Abundant mercy...
Abundant, over flowing presence of His Holy Spirit taking up residence in me to guide and teach me what I need to know to navigate life here on this side of heaven.


So if you're struggling today...
Remember these words from the book of Jude.
In fact memorize them...get them all down inside of you, and the next time life is hard or the enemy is whacking you left and right...then say them out loud....

Because they are truth, and the devil hates the truth.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...