Monday, April 15, 2013

We All Need (Fill In The Blank)




Very "80's" Sound....
But the heart of the singer and the essence of the message is timeless....
WE ALL NEED  (fill in the blank).

WE ALL NEED A SAVIOR.
WE ALL NEED A SAVING ENCOUNTER.
WE ALL NEED BEING SAVED FROM OURSELVES.

WE all need......Jesus.

Sometimes you can say such phrases until they loose meaning.
You hear them over and over....
You say with you mind..."Yes, I know this..."
But the heart remains cold and indifferent with cries of "Not me...I'm beyond help."

Maybe it does take that one lone moment of sinking into the depths of utter darkness...the realization that this is it....life beyond the reach of God....
Maybe it is in that one lone moment when your heart breaks through the doubt, the fear, the insanity and cries out...."Oh God! Save me!"


Don't fall prey to the insane message that life on this side of the veil is all there is. Because, my friend, if this is all there is....I don't know if I would want to go on. There is more. There is more on the other side of the veil and life here, with this Jesus I so love to talk about, is preparation to move over to the eternal side and things beyond description. Pie in the sky? You decide. I tell you what, you live life your way.....And I'll choose Jesus. I guess we'll find out what is true in the end, won't we?

God on you, today!
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...