Saturday, April 6, 2013

Worship---Don't Leave Home Without it




Psalm 150:6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!

Worship----
The highest calling mankind has.
To worship His creator.
Worship with his entire being. Voice, heart, soul, spirit, body, mind, hands, feet, eyes....the complete package.
Worship is a verb, not an adjective.
Worship doesn't describe what service you are having. "We went to Worship service this morning."
Worship is action...
Worship is movement...
Worship is life.
Everyday I worship as I move through the hours.
At my job....
While I'm cutting the grass.
While I'm sitting in my backyard drinking iced tea.
Everything I do, I do as worship unto Jesus.

Worship is a continual outpouring of gratitude to God.
Gratitude for my salvation.
Gratitude for my new life.
Gratitude for the grace, mercy and love He gives to me and my family.
The devil hates worship.
He hates anything that directs the hearts attention to God.
There in that beautiful garden, he uttered those insidious words to the woman....
"Has God really said?"
The seed of doubt that brought forth the fruit of sin.
The devil hates worship, especially when it is done corporately.
A group whose hearts are one, whose attention is squarely on the one true living God.

I guess the one thing I am indebted to the Vineyard for is their view of worship and how important it is.
Songs such as "Now Is The Time To Worship" and "Holy And Anointed One" stir my spirit and take me into the presence of God.
Danny Daniels "Never Cease To Praise" and Dave Markee's "Wonderful Lord" are part of my history of worship. Songs that reflect and draw us to see the Father, love the Son and allow the Holy Spirit to work in us.

This is one of the things that I believe God wants to be a part of our Saturday night service.
To teach and help others understand exactly what worship is and how to worship.
Oh, don't get me wrong, there isn't a "12 Step Guide to Worship", but I do believe we can spend some time telling others what worship is all about.
If you're free next Saturday, April 13, then come and join us for the first gathering of  Vineyard Recovery Fellowship. 7 p.m.- 419 Broad Street, downtown Gadsden.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...