Sunday, May 19, 2013

I Am Vineyard


Day two -- Living Sacrifice Worship Conference.
That's a mouthful, isn't it.
I returned to the Vineyard yesterday morning, eager for another day.
The entire conference reminded me of a huge family reunion....
All it needed was deviled eggs to be official.

Danny Daniels takes the stage first to teach on Worship leading dynamics.
"Worship greases and lubes everything else that takes place during the gathering."

"Be prepared to do the 'slobberazation' of the heart when you lead worship. By that, I mean sing those songs that come from deep within."

"The best songs are written out and played on guitar's with rusty strings. Rusty because of the tears that come."

In referring to the worship series of Cd's put out by Vineyard Music, Danny said...
"We put out so many of those Touching The Father's Heart (to which John Barnett chimed in..."Yeah, Touching the Father's Heart Vol. 400)....that we eventually felt like we were "Trying The Father's Patience."

"As a Worship leader or part of a worship team, what ever you play, learn to play it better. We tend to justify laziness as being hyper-spiritual. We should learn to strike the ground with our arrows until we get effect."

"The church likes to stay away from the word "entertain" especially when it comes to worship. Have you ever looked up the definition of "entertain?" It means " To capture the innermost thought." So worship does need to have an element of entertainment to it."

Chris Lizotte sings a song that contains the phrase Searching for the perfect peace.
If I can't find it for myself, how can I impart it during worship?

I am taken by these people who have gathered here in Gadsden to lead us in worship. Chris, Danny, John and Marie....I would dare say that they do  not possess material wealth at all. But they move about with a peace, a drive, a love for God and the Kingdom. Probably the most unassuming collection of musicians I've ever met. What I'm about to say is something that I  know they would be uncomfortable with, but they are Vineyard royalty (So to speak). It is a royalty given by the King of Kings to those who have laid down their lives for His.

What is the common denominator I see in this group of musicians? Humility. They love God...They love people...but they possess a Holy Truth that they are not willing to compromise.


I go up for prayer and ministry. Christy Lizotte comes and prays over me. She tells me that "God is purposely rearranging me." She nails two things that God has been showing me over the past 7 months. Yep! There is a God and He knows me better than I know myself. I am slowly being put back together.

John and Marie take the stage to share about what some folks refer to as "singing in the Spirit" or the "Song of the Lord."

"Putting a title to something can turn it into a dead religious practice. Do it long enough and we wind up wrongly worshiping."

"We need those times of "Free" worship to simply go and follow where the Spirit of God is taking us."

"Part of our DNA as Vineyard folks is "Come and do what you want to, Lord!"

"We are learning to hear God. But more than that, learn to reach out and try. Reach out and try to lay hold of what God is telling you. Take a risk, take a chance because there is a lot of grace to fail if you're trying to reach God."

"Worship is a train that has no tracks, because it is capable of (at any moment) going in any direction."

"God loves His church  more than we do. When we come together and worship, we should expect and anticipate God coming to meet His bride."
When Marie shared this, I suddenly saw our Saturday night gathering as being almost like a blind date. We have several who come that have no religious background or understanding of what church truly is about. So for them, it's like a blind date with God. Not sure how the date is going to turn out, but the possibility of love taking places is great.

John Barnett shares "God is giving the Vineyard back its voice."
"Worship is and the words that come forth will be like honey comb dripping honey down on the lives of the people. .....smell the honey. For the glory of Your body, Your bride...Your church."

"Aslan is on the move!"

Danny speaks of Lonnie Frisbee---very tender moment.

"The Presence and the Power of God is where we plant our flag, because we are incapable of doing anything ourselves."

"The cure for backsliding is front sliding."

Chris Lizotte and the band sing To Him Who Sits On The Throne.
Wisdom from the stage. I keep hearing in my mind "The world is not going to accept you...But I will send you anyway to the very place that rejects you."

Danny and Chris are seated on the stage playing, moving into a prophetic song with the words, "He is the Lord of the dance". Is it possible for a man to dance while sitting down? Yes...Danny is moving all over, completely giving himself spirit, body, soul to this song. Feet shifting, shuffling while the song of the Lord pours out.


John shares...
"John Wimber taught me a lot of things, but he never taught me how to grow old. That is kind of on the job training."

"Wimber told us to just keep doing it!"

Band starts playing Isn't He /  Holy And Anointed One.
I began to weep.
His presence is sweet....
His presence is full--right here--right now.
Waves of His love wash over me.
I am painfully aware that time moves on, but the Kingdom stands forever. I will eventually move from this present age and cross over to the eternal at some point, if Jesus tarries.
So while I draw breath, May I ever be focused on loving you, Lord.
May I be focused on loving those who come by me daily.

Marie sings You Are Here
I am witnessing the marriage of age, love for God, and a generational voice.
These aren't just words rolling off her tongue. They are a cry from her heart.
The realization that God is here. Feel the pleasure of the Father as He comes to meet with His children.

"Original name of Vineyard Music Group ------Mercy Music".

John shares:
"I want to be spent. I want to have expended myself for Jesus. I want to expend myself on Jesus."

So, what do I come away with after all this has ended.
Well, it is Sunday morning by the time you read this.
I have had a night to sleep on it all.
I remember who I am.
I reaffirm that my highest call in this life is to worship God.
I am a part of a pretty incredible family.
I am Vineyard.

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...