Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's The Time....Of The Season...


A time for everything.
An appointed measure of life in which "something" must take place.
Only God has the ability....
Only God has the the authority....
Only God has the power to allow this to happen.

Whenever I read Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, I am reminded of the old saying, "You better iron while the iron's hot."
In other words, make the most of the moment.
That is what I am feeling and have been feeling for sometime.
Feeling that I need to be about "my Father's" business. The business of the Kingdom.

I think, especially at my age, the idea begins to creep in that I deserve to slow down and take it easy.
While I do recognize that I'm older and that there are certain things I truly can no longer do, I do not find the business of slowing down and taking it easy very appealing.

God taking us back to the Vineyard to start a Recovery Fellowship is all part of this time and season that we have entered into. I have found life again. I have found a renewed spirit and direction. I could spend all my time trying to make things happen in my own strength and effort, but the one thing God made clear in my return, was that this was His meeting and He was going to build it the way He wanted it done.

Every time I do make an attempt to slow down and even think of retirement, I am awakened to the truth about those I am called to minister to. I received two phone calls this weekend. Both were to inform me of people who had died. Died in their addiction. The one common denominator in both of these deaths was the idea that "I'll think about recovery......I'll do it tomorrow." Well, guess what? There are no more tomorrow's for these two individuals. Only grieving families and a ton of questions as to the "why" of their death.Only a lot of anger for what has happened. Now there will be children growing up without parents. Spouses will have go at life alone because their mate has died.

The addictive mind keeps delaying any chance at recovery.
That is, unless that same mind has reached the point of no return and simply given up.
Given up and totally bought into the lie of what we refer to as "False Belief #4...I am what I am, I am hopeless, I cannot change.

That is why Vineyard Recovery Fellowship is a place where false belief's are addressed.
They are countered with the truth. Not truth as I see it or truth from some medical study...but truth that is as old as time itself. Truth that comes from the Scripture. Truth that has power backing it. Truth that can undo any heart....any heart so cold and in denial, that everyone else has given up on the individual.

I also want you to know that you have a standing invitation to come and be with us every Saturday night at
7 p.m. downtown Gadsden. The meetings are very loosely structured, as we simply want to do what is on God's heart. It is a time when we can be recharged and renewed, refreshed and restored, and a whole bunch of other "re's" that are too numerous to mention. We welcome everyone!

God on you....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Enjoy the season God has you in mb. May God use you even more in the future.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...