Saturday, May 18, 2013

Living Sacrifice Worship Conference - Day 1








And God came....
You never know what to expect at a conference. Some I've attended were really good, and really God. Others.....you think to yourself, "Why did I come to this?"
Last night was the "really good-really God" kind of conference.
Not to sound like I'm trying to wax poetically, but we got a chance to be with part of our history as a church movement. John, Marie, Danny were all there with John and Carol Wimber during the early days of the Vineyard, and now,  here they were, on stage at Gadsden Vineyard.

Lot's of miles between them thar' folks. Yet there is a peace and gentleness surrounding each of them.
Met Chris Lizotte....Gentle voice and gentle spirit. Enjoyed talking and listening to his stories.
Time to start....
Danny sings  There Is No One like You . A million thoughts flood through my brain and every one of them is covered in God. "There is no one like you Jesus!"  John sings I Was Born A Slave To Sin-- glad the song didn't end there, because it goes on to say "Now I've been born again".  Chris takes his turn with a new song You Know My Name. Praise to God that this whole "born again" relationship is personal and individualized. We are not cogs in a great religious machine...but are son's and daughter's of the most High God. Cool beans...

Lat night was a family reunion of family I'd never even met before. People from Anniston, Franklin Tennessee, and other parts unknown. Lot's of laughter, hugs and stories.


Danny taught on Worship to God vs. Worship to man .
He is probably as good a teacher as I have ever sat under. As a friend of mine likes to say, "He kept the cookies on the bottom shelf where the kiddies could get to them." In other words, there was this profound wisdom wrapped in a simple package that everyone could understand.

I was suppose to be there for this conference. God has been stirring me for sometime about worship. He has been tolerable of some things I've done in the past when it came to worship. But now I think He is telling me, "It's time to grow up and reach a little higher".


And you want to know what the best part is....
I'm going back today for more.....
More of you, Lord!

As I drove home last night, Chris' CD playing at full volume, I was whole again. I had been a puzzle laid out of a table, pieces scattered everywhere. Now the puzzle felt complete and put together. I will enjoy this for the time being because I know at some point in the near future, God will dump another puzzle out on the table that needs to be put together.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...