Saturday, May 11, 2013

Power, Power Everywhere

Don't forget! Nori and Barbie Kelley (WIND) will be hosting our service tonight. 7 p.m. Vineyard Recovery.
Love to see you there.
----------------------------------------------------------



I Corinthians 2:4
And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.

You got up this morning because of power.
The earth stayed in its orbit as you slept last night because of power.

If you are a follower of Jesus, you do so because of power.
Even your belief's as a Christian, is because of power.
Power invades every part of our lives, and yet we seem to be spiritually blind to it.
Power is the very basis for the Christian belief, yet we wander around with so little of it apparently at work in us.
A Power greater than ourselves.
A Power that spoke into the darkness and commanded light to shine.

A Power that is demonstrated in words that have the ability to move, create, and, in some cases, destroy. Power, real power.

What is the heart of Christianity? That Jesus died on a cross for the sins of the world, and rose again from a borrowed tomb. Power. The very act of raising someone from the dead is not just a mental exercise but the deliberate, forceful act of one who possesses great power and authority that even the very laws of nature are thwarted and bent. So when I declare that "He is risen!" I am proclaiming an act that defined what I believe and who I believe in. Every meeting we go to....every service we attend is a declaration that we are following a Power (Jesus) that can lift us out of the emotional, mental and physical mess that sin/addiction has created in us and around us.

My very life is a testimony to the power of Jesus,
The Bible is a collection of "power" tips and directions on how to live life here in a world that doesn't believe in the power. 
Not only are we drawn to the Power and Person of Jesus, but when we surrender will and life over to His care, He, in turn, empowers us with the same Spirit that raised Him from the dead. How cool is that?
Maybe we should start living like we were filled with His life raising Spirit.
Maybe we should approach every day, no matter what the situation or circumstance, and believe that Jesus will see us through. That our all sufficiency is found in Christ and not in ourselves.

II Corinthians 3:5 - Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our sufficiency (adequacy) is from God.

II Corinthians 12:9 - And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

You no longer need to live by your wits and ability. In fact, when you did operate in that manner, how did it turn out? Not good, I bet.
Why not ask God to reveal His power in you today.
Why not ask God to show you how to use His power for the Kingdom here in your community...use it today.
Think on these things....

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...